15 thoughts on “Add confirm email field in BuddyPress signup page

1. Pingback: The Link Edition: Friday Find | Premium BuddyPress Themes at BuddyDress

2. Amin

Hi :)

I want to disable email confirmation when a user registers to my site. so when a user signs up a new account, he would be able to login and post immadiately after his sign up, without any email activation.

I searched for plugins, but i found nothing. can you help me?

3. francesco Post author

Hi Amin,
    first of all, are you sure you really wanna to do it? it has some cons:
    - you’ll not have a verified way to contact members
    - if someone use a valid mail of someone else to register then your site will be sending notification emails to someone that has not opted-in for them and has no way to stop them. This is bad.

After a very quick look to the signup/activation code I think is possible but the solution depends on how wp is installed (single site/multi site) and probably the version too.
    So if you still are sure of it I’ll have a deeper look when I have some free time, leave here the version of your wp (that should be 3, otherwise update it) and if you are using it as a single or multi site install.

1. Amin

yes I think you are right, it’s better not to disable it.
      anyway, thank you for your reply :)

—–
      em, I cheked the “notify me of follow up comments via e-mail” in this post, but I didn’t receive any email. maybe you should fix it.

4. PinnacleNetworking

This is a great tool…. this is one surefire way I had for spammers to stop spamming a user registration….. everything else I tried…failed….but this one

5. Andrew

Is there a simple way to modify this to make it so only a certain email domain can be used + throw an error message stating you must use a valid @example.com email address to register?

6. nchiari

Hi there! I place the code un functions.php of my theme and nothing happened. I tried on bp-custom.php too, but it didn’t work. Any advice?

1. francesco Post author

Hi Becs, glad it is useful. Is the code still working the way it is, or you had to change something? There have been several wp/bp updates since I wrote it 3 years ago, I’d be surpriset if it’s still compatible :)

7. Chris

Thanks for the code. Excellent! ;o)
    Just a quick confirmation that this is still working (as is) in WP3.8.1 / BP1.9.2

8. Chris

Francesco, may I ask, is there a way I can add to this code, so that it is not possible to copy and paste from the first email field to the second (so people have to type their email address twice manually)?
    Thanks again,